We are in the middle of stress testing the database this week. One feature that we have implemented is people being able to create hashtags for a particular search, similar to how Instagram and Twitter allow people to create hashtags for their content so others can search for it. Ours will be a little bit more intelligent and searchable.
We are in testing mode these next two weeks for all the development we have been doing for the social aspect of the search engine, mainly focusing on the hashtag implementation and seeing how it plays out with our focus groups.
We are currently working on the popularity function of the search engine.
Last week, we made it more organized by dividing all the information in two tabs: one with information about the website that is being reviewed, and the other one about the user who submitted that website.
With all the developmental programming we have done in the last 3 weeks, it is time for testing mode. We have been in tests for these functional tabs this week and plan to make this feature active next week.
This week, we worked on layout changes on the website review page.
We made it more organized by dividing all the information in two tabs: one with information about the website that is being reviewed, and the other one about the user who submitted that website. We will be testing these updates in the next 1-2 days, and then make these functions live next week.
We are in the midst of creating the Social function of the search engine.
1) We created the "Popular" functionality on the Search.
2) When "Popular" is clicked, the page results shows up and it shows the search results based on how much activity (comments) each one has.
3) We also made it possible for users to choose a category for content they want to save directly from the search results page.
4) When a user doesn't have any categories yet, then two defaults categories are created and shown for him: Review Later, Favorites. The user can go to his Saved Categories and rename these, or add other categories. If the user has updated his categories (renamed, removed, added more categories), then his/her categories are shown immediately after clicking on the Save button.
We have now put the "Save" functionality and its categories online.
It's all 100% done and functional, including the database learning side. We were able to overcome all the obstacles, and it works perfectly.
We are moving to the next task, which consists of adding a "Popular" button, and making the list of most commented posts appear!
This week we continued to work on re-training the database based on the updates that we finished, and debugging the problems that we encountered.
We found where the problems are, and have been working on fixing them. We are planning to make those fixes live this coming week.
We are also continuing to work with the client questionnaire.
Last week, we worked on making the "Save results" and the folders functionality live, updating the machine learning, and re-training the smart database model based on the updates.
We found a few complications there and the model wasn't updating, so the developers had to spend a lot of time on it and debug it. That is still work in progress.
We cannot enable it on live until the model is functional, otherwise it will start gathering incorrect data, and that will add additional complications. We are working on debugging it further this week.
We have completed the work on the database learning part for "Save results" and for the folders / collections this week. We have tested everything, found a few bugs and fixed them all. The "Save results" and the folders / collections area easy to put live, while the database learning part is a bit more complex, and the model has to be re-trained based on the updates that we did. We are in training phase now for the smart database.
This current week, we continued the work on the "Save" functionality, and on the folders / collections. Most of the back end functionality is being completed, and we will return to it to fine tune it at the end.
As far as Internet Censorship, the way we have it designed now is to have elements flagged by the users. If more than 5 users flag a particular search result or URL posting, a Zabang moderator will need to look at the post to see if it should be banned.