Last week we worked on several updates on the Paid Ads and Questionnaire areas on the users' accounts.
There were design updates to do to make these areas look good, and we needed to rework the designs with the designers to implement them. The Questionnaire area was an area that needed quite a bit of help, as the initial focus group did not respond well.
The new design is being implemented this week. The purpose of the questionnaire is to profile users in terms of their needs to better serve the result set.
Last week, we started work on the "Submit projects" functionality. We finished it yesterday.
When you are logged in, simply press on "Submit projects" and it will take you to the Submitted Websites page where you can add a website, or navigate to the two other areas: Submitted Mobile Apps and Submitted Social Pages.
This week, the team is beta testing Zabang now with the new tabs. We will be doing this for the next 3 weeks and making any minor changes to the functionality. We should be ready to roll with Zabang soon.
We have connected the "Submitted Social Pages" with the filters from "Trending": In this way, when users look for items using the "Trending" filter, they can get results from "Submitted Social Pages" too.
We are testing it now with the existing social media feeds we have hooked up.
This week we worked on adding the scores and comments to "Submitted social pages". Yesterday, we did that successfully, and that ended all the updates following the creation of the "Social Results" page. We have put all the updates online, tested them and made sure they work well on the live site.
We completed the updates that we have been working on during the last few weeks. The updates are live on Zabang now.
1) When adding a Featured Ad, the admin can choose whether the Featured Ad to appear on "Web Results", "Social Results ", or both.
2) When adding a Paid Ad, the user can choose whether the Paid Ad to appear on "Web Results", "Social Results", or both.
3) We created a new page where Zabang users can submit "Submit Social Pages". These "Submitted Social Pages" are links to various social network websites (e.g. Facebook company page, Twitter company page, Reddit company page, etc).
4) We also made the "Submit Social Pages" appear on the Social Results in the following locations:
Submitted social pages
5) Users can add comments and scores on "Submitted Social Pages", just as they do on "Submitted Websites" and "Submitted Apps."
This week we completed the work on the blog-like "Launch Updates" page.
We are also continuing work on "Submitted social pages", and then adding scores and comments to it.
This week we worked on changing the way paid ads show on the new Social media tab. We had the developers follow the same pattern as on featured ads, which was completed last week. Until recently, users could add paid ads and they would appear on the web results, and social media results. We changed this, and now we will allow users to specify whether they want Zabang to show their paid ads on the web results, or social results, or both.
Also, we got started on creating the functionality for "Submitted social pages." There is more work here so as this is a new content type, and we will continue it next week.
We have been working on changing the way featured ads work. Until now, the admin could create only featured ads that go to the web results page. Now, we are changing this and allowing the admin to add featured ads to the web results only, social media results, or both. We have been working on it since Wednesday, and are close to completing it.
Beta testing team: We have identified a group of 5 people willing to help beta test the meet search engine and will be ramping this team up this month.
We have the social search engine up and running now.
It works very well. We've been testing it all week and will now be applying our free indexed URLs, paid ads and featured ads on to the page.
A couple of things of note:
1. If you search on a keyword phrase that doesn't give so much attention on social media (phrases that old people tend to use) like:
"Best golf driver 2018"
- here, you will get great relevant results on the web tab, but not so relevant results on the Social tab. This is because not many people (usually young people that rule social media do not play golf) are on Twitter, FB or YouTube about this topic.
- Here is where Zabang can help out: Our community will rearrange the results to get the most relevant of the results up to the top. It is a really great concept what we have.
2. Now, if you search for something topical and relevant on everyone's radar at the moment, you will get great social results and not so great web results. This is another bonus for Zabang that Google doesn't necessarily do so well just yet.
For example, searching on "Argentina World Cup Messi" will give you great results on both tabs. Many people are all over Twitter about how Messi messed up today by missing a free penalty kick.
Once we apply the new pages to these pages, we will then attach it to our social search community ratings system.
This week we completed the work on creating the new tab, and making the social search results show there. Zabang is now a working search engine to feature search results based on all the best Social Media feeds! Pretty excited about this feature.
We also included spots for Featured Ads and Paid Ads. There was a bit more work there, so as the new tab has a different structure. It doesn't include any of the web results that come from Google, so as different back end code had to be created for that. Anyway, that's done nicely now.
This next week, we will start integrating the social media results with the SIG/ISA.