We have completed installing and testing the new virtual server for Zabang testing for Beta users.
We spent most of the time this week continuing the work on Keyword Search Groups (KSGs) in Zabang. Each KSG has 4 tabs, as follows:
- KSG Results - We worked on this in the last few weeks, and completed it already;
- Chat - Users will be able to comment on this KSG inside this tab; We copied all the functionality from the Website Reviews, duplicated it, and made it work for KSGs.
- Owner - This tab will have this information about the KSG owner:
- Settings - This tab will allow the user to rename the KSG or delete it. This tab will be visible to the KSG owner only.
The only things left to do on KSG are:
- allow users to search for results inside KSGs by writing search queries that look like this: "restaurants in new york * restaurants", where restaurants in new york is the searched keyword, the * sign is the separator, and restaurants means that search results should be pulled from KSGs that have restaurants in the KSG name. We will work on this functionality this coming week.
- testing, bug fixing, making all the KSGs functionality live.
Last week and this week, we are configuring a new server for the upcoming new beta trials for Zabang. This server will be the separate testing server for the Beta users we recruit from Zabang. It includes the new codes, subdomains and expert database systems we are creating.
We are also continuing to update and test the latest sections of the keyword search groups.
We continued the work on social search groups on Zabang this week. We continued the work on the display as well as on the back end of the search results that show inside SIGs.
We are currently continuing to test.
All the holes have been plugged back up and recently discovered bugs have been fixed.
This last week we continued the work on the page where all social network groups are displayed. We are adding more elements to it, testing it, and making sure it gets updated once new social search groups are submitted by users.
We are in the completion of testing the smart database of the search engine's social network structure.
Users can now create their own personal groupings and handles regarding search engine keyword phrases. This is where we differentiate from any other search engine.
We will start to add the ability to add search results to these groupings next.
We are in the middle of stress testing the database this week. One feature that we have implemented is people being able to create hashtags for a particular search, similar to how Instagram and Twitter allow people to create hashtags for their content so others can search for it. Ours will be a little bit more intelligent and searchable.
We are in testing mode these next two weeks for all the development we have been doing for the social aspect of the search engine, mainly focusing on the hashtag implementation and seeing how it plays out with our focus groups.
We are currently working on the popularity function of the search engine.
Last week, we made it more organized by dividing all the information in two tabs: one with information about the website that is being reviewed, and the other one about the user who submitted that website.
With all the developmental programming we have done in the last 3 weeks, it is time for testing mode. We have been in tests for these functional tabs this week and plan to make this feature active next week.
This week, we worked on layout changes on the website review page.
We made it more organized by dividing all the information in two tabs: one with information about the website that is being reviewed, and the other one about the user who submitted that website. We will be testing these updates in the next 1-2 days, and then make these functions live next week.
We are in the midst of creating the Social function of the search engine.
1) We created the "Popular" functionality on the Search.
2) When "Popular" is clicked, the page results shows up and it shows the search results based on how much activity (comments) each one has.
3) We also made it possible for users to choose a category for content they want to save directly from the search results page.
4) When a user doesn't have any categories yet, then two defaults categories are created and shown for him: Review Later, Favorites. The user can go to his Saved Categories and rename these, or add other categories. If the user has updated his categories (renamed, removed, added more categories), then his/her categories are shown immediately after clicking on the Save button.