This past weekend until today has been hectic for us as we have deployed code on the live site. We've been doing tests and found a few areas that we had to update and improve. The initial tests gave good results about two weeks ago. The tests on the live site where there is a lot more users and searched data, showed some areas that would cause problems and would give inaccurate results in the future.
Here are the things that we did during the last two weeks:
- Integrated code for machine learning, additionally to what we had until recently
- This new code works with Python, which is a different back end programming language than PHP, which Zabang is written in. So we had additional development to do to get these to work with Zabang. The good part is that Python is super fast (faster than PHP), so for this machine learning part of the project this is a perfect fit.
- We had to update some of the PHP codes for them to integrate and communicate with the Python codes and the machine learning code
- Following these Python and PHP code updates, we had to change the search configurations.
We have a couple more tweaks and fixes to do, and we are continuing to work on this over the weekend to get everything completed, and be able to have our first beta testers fill in the questionnaires, and start using the site and the search.