Based on the work we have been doing with the Google Console, we are introducing the improved version of the Wysiwyg Text Editor. We will continue to work on this for the next couple of weeks, as it is important to be in compliance to the Google search bots.
The WYSIWYG editor, allows the following:
- format the text
- add images
- add videos (embedded videos from Youtube, Vimeo)
- add emoticons
This past week, we are continuing to work with the Google Cloud Console for the search engine optimization for the comments section. Our main focus in working on the optimization for the text editor the users will be using. We are experimenting with the use of an AI engine to autofill the meta tags and title descriptions that will be optimized for the new requirements of the Google crawler. We also need to work with and identify comments that will be banned by the crawler and create a way to notify the keyword phrase moderator of these negative consequences.
This past week we needed to work with Google Cloud Console to ensure that our pages are being updated correctly by the Google search engine. We checked twice and fixed some bugs that it was reporting on the current Zabang development site. As it continues to monitor the website, additional issues may be discovered as we move forward with our new content based search engine result pages, which are complete with the headers, descriptions, alt tags and anchor text that is required for Google.
Last week, we started on creating a way for people to post up text, images, videos and also emoticons within the comments section. It will automatically format into HTML that will be Search Engine Optimized to Google (complete with headers, description, etc) so that we can ultimately drive google search results from our Keyword comments searches to Zabang. This is a major focus for us.
This past week, we created moderator functionality to the user-created keyword search groups.
When a user registers to own his/her own keyword search group (they will pay for this privilege via a yearly fee aka GoDaddy), they become a moderator.
The SIG Moderator (owner) is now be able to remove comments written by other users. When a comment is removed by the moderator (owner), the comment does not disappear, but the comment's text gets replaced with this permanently: (Comment removed by moderator). The moderator will also curate the page for Zabang so that we don't need to employ people to do that. In return, the moderator will get part of the advertising revenue for that particular Keyword search group that they curate. It is another way of sharing the revenue and giving the power of Zabang to the users.
We now have added the social share for website reviews!
When you click "More" you have 180+ social options to choose from. This coming week, we will be implementing this in the Keyword Phrase Groups, as the only other pages that had these were the website and app review pages.
We are in the midst of identifying and adding as many social networking websites for sharing on the website. We are implementing the architectural strategy created a while ago about adding social network websites into our Keyword Search Groups. This was not implemented in the original design, and the alpha test team liked it so much from the website/app review pages that they want it inside the private keyword search groups.
We should have over 180 social websites to choose from added shortly to the Zabang community!
We are starting to develop the architecture put into place for the private keyword search groups these next few weeks. This past week, we have implemented a database for the creation of user-derived categories for the search groups.
The architecture for the private keyword search groups is in development now. In the meantime, we have finished the User tagging and user notifications system.
Here are the details:
- We want to allow users to mention/tag other users when they comment. When mentioning/tagging other users, you have to write @ in front of the name of the user that you want to tag, e.g: @Rocky Balboa
- When a user is tagged, we want him to get a notification when he logs in next time. If the tagged user is online / signed in, then the next page he goes to, he should see a notification that he was tagged.
- The notification text will be:
@UserName tagged you in a comment. See comment and respond at this link.
- We want this notification to appear on all pages of the site.
- The user who sees the notification, can dismiss it by clicking X on the right, or click on "this link" and go to the comment where he was tagged. We want there to be an anchor so that the page scrolls to that specific comment.
- When the user dismisses the comment, or clicks on the link, the notification disappears and no longer shows up.
- The notification should appear under the header.
- We also want to create a new page called "Notifications" and add it above the Sign Out button in the main menu. This page should show a list of all notifications that a user got, have the link & anchor to the comment where the user was tagged. Also, we want there to be a date stamp next to each notification, so that the user knows when he received it.
The last two weeks have been a working architecture strategy session with our Alpha team of users and designers. We have been closely following the updates to what Facebook has been doing to their interface, since it is now looking as though they are thinking along the same lines as we are. They want to remove comments on Instagram and focus on privacy since that is where people are sharing the most.
"The future is private" starts around 1min and 30secs:
This shows that we are definitely in the right path! They are not taking it to the search engine however. We have been doing a design review to ensure that we are not encroaching on anything that FB or Instagram is looking at for their interface. It doesn't look that our system of rewarding points for comments based on a particular keyword phrase has anything to do with the way they are doing things.
Because of this, we are continuing to design the database repository along the lines of people connected in groups based on specific keyword phrases. It is truly unique.
We are creating the architecture for people to post up various social media postings in these keyword phrases and feel secure because they are in private member sections. That is the key component of Zabang.